Thanks to Amanda at Odds & Evans, The Halfway Homemaker has been nominated for a Liebster Award! It’s an award for new bloggers who have under 200 email followers to help them get the word out about their work. What’s also fun, is that everyone who gets nominated, is then asked to nominate 11 others! To accept the award, the nominee must answer eleven questions posted by the person who nominated them. So here goes!
Interview with Amanda:
- Why and how long ago did you start blogging? I have started this blog in July of this year. I have always enjoyed writing and I felt that it was a great creative outlet for me.
- What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? Balance. I am forever trying to find balance in my life and with all of my responsibilities. This blog is a representation of my journey through the balance between being a wife, mother, friend, and business person. It is hard to be good at all of them, let alone two on a good day.
- Is there something you learned late in your blog journey that you wished you knew before? That there is a great network of people who are rooting for you as they are going through the same struggles as a blogger. They are all balancing other responsibilities in addition to blogging, but they all want each other to succeed. It is a great feeling that it is a win-win when someone succeeds. It just means that the ability to succeed is there, it doesn’t mean there is less room at the table.
- What is your favorite past time other than blogging? Playing with my kids. I don’t think I play enough with them, but there is no greater feeling than hearing your kids laugh and knowing that you are the one that made them do it.
- How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? I think 10 but I stop counting. I was staying up till midnight trying to get work and blogging done, but I am starting to prioritize blogging more, as I just plain enjoy it more.
- What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? I love satire, slice of life and parenting stories. It is awesome to be able to relate to someone just thought humor that you can only understand as a parent.
- Where does your blog inspiration come from? I am truly inspired by observational humor comics. I love (the dear departed) Joan Rivers and Robin Williams, Gabriel Iglesias and Kathy Griffin. I will never be that funny, but I love the concept of finding humor in everyday life. I also just like the concept of finding meaning in what life has to teach you. I call my blog a journey because I am not where I am supposed to be yet, but I am so enjoying the process of getting there.
- What post have you written are you most proud of? I really like my series on Stress Reduction. I think it is so important for me to share my little journeys with my readers, and this is an important one for me. In the process of going through my stress reduction challenge, I have learned that I need to re-prioritize what I am working on for my business and stay true to the original concept. It may not come through in the actual series, but it is such an important time for me behind the scenes.
- Is there any post that you have been planning to do, but kept postponing for a while now? There are a few. I am working on an ebook for personal finance – such a big topic for me, I had to change my relationship with money a few years ago and I want to share my hard-earned knowledge with others. I also have a few other series I want to work on in the business world as well as personal coaching posts. I really wish there were 24 more hours in each day.
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging? I love to write. It was so cathartic to me as a child going through turmoil with my family and just growing up. I have little journals filled with poetry and my ramblings from my teen years floating around. I also just feel like I express myself better with the written word, it is just such a great feeling to get all the tornadoes of thoughts in your mind organized on a page.
- Which recipe, project or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself? I am intrigued by Amanda’s essential oils. I definitely need some holistic health ideas to incorporate into my stress reduction.
I would hereby like to nominate the following bloggers for their excellent work.
- CourtneyLynne @ The Trophy Wifestyle
- Tricia @ The Good Mama
- Miranda @ Love Simplified
- Theresa @ Theresa’s Reviews
- Adanna @ Rattles and Heels
- Stephanie @ Reinventing Supermom
- Kate and Susie @ Twitchetts
- Michele @ Kid Congeniality
- Sam @ Bubble n Squeak
- Melissande @ Our Growing Roots
- Tarynn @ Mama By Fire
The Liebster Rules
Ok, in order to accept your award, there are a few things you need to do and guidelines to follow:
- You need to link back to the person/blog that nominated you and give a little thank you shout out.
- You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you. (Please answer the questions I answered myself and please send me a link when you are done so I can see your answers!)
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers, and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post for them so that they can learn about the nomination.
Well, there you have it! Congrats! I hope you all are excited. If you have any questions about the rules, the award, how to find others to nominate or why I picked your blog, please feel free to message me.