Decadent Chocolate Orange Liqueur Cupcakes
These delicious cupcakes are reminiscent of Chocolate Oranges. This recipe also makes a great Bundt cake.
Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- 1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (6.5 cup size)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Orange Liqueur (Triple Sec or Cointreau work well)
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Orange Liqueur
- 1 Cup Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat Cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, orange juice, water, vegetable oil and liqueur until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Pour into greased or lined cupcake molds. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn out over wire rack to cool.
- For topping, heat frosting in double boiler or small glass bowl over boiling water in saucepan. Stir until warm, then slowly incorporate liqueur until a glaze forms. Pour glaze over cupcakes.
Recipe Courtesy of The Halfway Homemaker